Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Non-Stress Test

Baby boy passed his first non-stress test! Whohoo! I now have to go back in on Friday, and every Tuesday and Friday until I deliver. It was actually kinda fun, because I got to sit there for about 20 minutes and listen to the baby's heartbeat:-)

Also, yesterday Jason and I got our carseat inspected at the local police station. That was really helpful! I would highly recommend anyone to get their carseat inspected before using it, since over 90% of people install them incorrectly. Typically if you make an appointment at the police station it is free, which makes it even better! When we went the woman was able to point out some things to do differently, and it makes me a lot more comfortable knowing that our carseat is installed as it should be! She also mentioned a bunch of stuff that seems over the top to me. She said not to use a seat protector, not to use a baby headrest, and not to use shoulder strap covers. Really?!?!? She said that if we do use a seat cover, use the Eddie Bauer one since it is thin. I had bought a headrest for the baby, but she said that the kind I bought can actually push the baby's head down, since it wraps up around the head. She recommended using rolled up receiving blankets instead. Rather than doing that, and risk having them shift around while I am driving, I am going to go take a look at the ones that cradle the baby's head on the sides, and look like ears. That won't push down! I am still on the fence as to use the strap covers or not. I don't want the straps cutting into my baby's neck!! Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment