Monday, August 17, 2009

Week 21

It is really weird to be counting down the weeks now that I have passed the midway point in my pregnancy. Only 19 weeks to go! Ya it is still a lot, but it's nice to be the halfway mark!

About baby boy this week:
This week baby boy is approximately 10.5 inches long, and 12.7 ounces. I have a feeling he is a little heavier than that, since a week ago the doctor measured him at about 12 ounces... Now he is gulping down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day to practice swallowing and digesting, and his tastebuds work! Studies show that what I eat now will be what he has a preference for as a baby. I need to start eating more veggies!



About me this week:
I am starting to feel huge already, even though I have a long way to go. I need to go to the store and get a maternity wedge pillow to put under my belly when I sleep. My son kicks me all day long, and will push his little body parts out on one side of my belly so it looks like I have a hard growth growing out of my belly. It's so weird!

Weekly stats:

How far along: 21 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: + about 4 lbs probably. Will find out for sure on Thursday
Maternity clothes: Everything
Stretch marks: None... 19 weeks to go- Come on good genes and Palmers lotion, work your magic!
Sleep: Mostly good
Best moment this week: Not having anything we really had to do this weekend, and registering at Babies R Us and Target. So fun!
Movement: Tons
Food cravings: none really
Food aversions: none
Gender: Handsome boy!
Labor Signs: None thankfully
Belly Button in or out: Innie, but flattening out
What I miss: cesar salads at restaurants
What I am looking forward to: My OB appointment Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. Didn't even think about ceasr salads. Duh raw egg!! Thankfully I always go for the ranch!!!

    ReplyDelete