Monday, July 20, 2009

Week 17

About Baby this week:
The baby is now the size of your outstretched hand! 5 inches head to bottom, and 5 ounces, and according to babycenter.com, it is the size of a turnip. He or she is starting to put on fat this week, and is developing sweat glands.

About mommy this week:
I am almost completely out of my pre-maternity clothes by now. I put a shirt on this morning and I couldn't get it to cover my belly... weird! Thankfully I got a bunch of those vacuum seal bags from Costco, so I have been putting all of my non-fitting clothes into them.

This week we have another OB appointment! Even though we don't have the big ultrasound appointment until August 10th, I think my OB is going to do an ultrasound this week as usual so I am going to ask if she can see anything... I'm so impatient!! :-) I want to know so I can start to decorate and register for non-gender neutral stuff! I love all the greens and yellows, but there are definitely some things that are much cuter in pink or blue:-)

I don't have the weekly belly shot to post today, but I'll post it tomorrow...

How far along: 17 weeks
Total weight gain/loss: don't really know.... will find out on Thursday. Probably a few lbs.
Maternity clothes: Almost all!
Stretch marks: None thankfully yet!
Sleep: OK... It's been hot lately, so that hasn't been fun.
Best moment this week: Getting our beautiful crib!
Movement: None yet - start kicking baby!
Food cravings: Skittles and roast chicken breast sandwiches from Subway
Food aversions: Nothing really. Certain smells make me gag though - I was giving Kona a hug and he burped into my face and unfortunately my mouth was open.... I was about to yak for a few mins... Jason thought it was pretty funny!!
Gender: Maybe we will know this week?!?
Labor Signs: Better not start having any yet!
Belly Button in or out: Innie
What I miss: An ice cold beer....yummy!!
What I am looking forward to: OB appointment on Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment