Monday, July 13, 2009

Week 16

Happy Monday! Hope you all had a good weekend. Jason and I went to go see Christopher Titus at the improv- He was awesome! That was the 2nd time we have seen him, and he has been great both times. I highly recommend going to his show if he is ever in your area. Also, we picked out the nursery furniture that we are going to get!!! I'm so excited! I can't really say if Jason shares in my excitement, he didn't really care what we got as long as it meets all the federal and JPMA safety standards haha.

Here is a pic from the JC Penny catalog:-)

We also decided that we are probably going to turn the 2nd bedroom into the nursery rather than the loft. After much discussion, and measuring of furniture, etc, we just don't see how the home gym is going to fit properly into the 2nd bedroom, and still leave room for the computer, a tv, etc. So, even though the loft is about 1/2 the size of the 2nd bedroom, the loft is going to stay the office/ gym / everything else room, and the 2nd bedroom is going to be the nursery. The 2nd bedroom will be MUCH better for the baby, the only problem is that it is downstairs, while our bedroom is upstairs. This has been the main reason why we had been against using the 2nd bedroom as a nursery, but in the end it will work out much better, and the baby won't have to go up and down stairs to get to all its stuff in its room. We live in a extremely safe neighborhood, but we are still paranoid, so now the goal is to make sure the house is secure to a point where we feel comfortable having the baby downstairs. We may need your advice uncle Dan!


Whats going on with baby this week:

Baby Nations is starting a growth spurt this week, and is now the size of an avacado:-) This week he or she is 4.5 inches long from the top of the head to rump (they don't count the length of the legs at this point) and weighs 3.5 oz. It's legs are much more developed, and it's ears and eyes are almost to their final position on the head. His or her heart is now pumping 25 quarts of blood a day! That seems like so much for such a little baby! The coolest thing I thought this week though is that tiny bones are forming in their ears, and the baby is starting to recognize my voice:-)




Whats going on with momma this week:
I've been having a lot of trouble sleeping lately! I just can't seem to get comfortable. Even though my doc said that its ok to sleep however its comfortable until im in my 7th month, i'm trying to get used to sleeping on my left side. Normally I sleep on my right side, but for some reason I keep ending up on my back- ugh. I've never been a back sleeper! Other than that I'm still getting the bad headaches, but feeling good other than that!

Weekly belly pic:





1 comment:

  1. I know the baby hears your voice all day, but I've been using your bellybutton like a microphone and it probably hears me better, so it may already recognize my voice better :)

    ReplyDelete